Mission and Vision
Students will be exposed to a rigorous curriculum that focuses on critical thinking in order to prepare students to be perseverant in solving problems. Failure will be honored as part of the learning process, with a focus on continuous improvement. Literacy and mathematics through technology and science will be focus areas for learning.
The goal of Meadows School is to enable the students to become responsible global citizens.
At the center of a student's development must be the realization of positive self-respect. Expanding from the student's positive self-respect will be respect for individuals and groups of people in the classroom, the school, the community, and the world.
Instruction at Meadows School focuses on helping students become responsible global citizens:
- By helping students understand how to make choices and to accept responsibility for their actions.
- By promoting student involvement in making decisions about the school environment.
- By helping students to take initiative.
- By promoting an appreciation for the varied strengths of individuals.
- By promoting an understanding of the value of blending everyone's strengths for the benefit of the group.
- By helping students learn how to solve problems.
- By helping students discover alternative solutions in problem situations.
- By helping students learn to express their feelings and ideas.
Students are expected to be safe, be responsible, be respectful and be a problem solver at all times. In the event that they are not meeting expectations, teachers will implement progressive discipline which includes parent contact.
Meadows follows all district policies for student discipline including mandatory expulsion recommendations for weapons and selling controlled substances.